Introduction to Swift
Level:Basic Processes & Foundation
- Learn how to use Xcode Playgrounds to write Swift code
- Learn common programming patterns used in Swift
- Learn keywords and vocabulary used by the Swift language
- Application Consultant
- Development Consultant
- Solution Architect
- Technology Consultant
- Super/Key/Power User
- Knowledge of the Getting Started with iOS Development Videos
- Knowledge about Basic Computer Programming Concepts
- Getting started with iOS Development Videos . Start your app development journey by learning about the essential concepts, tools, and programs used to build amazing business apps.
- Introducing Swift
- Learn about the origin of Swift and some of its basic syntax.
- Introducing Constants and Variables
- Learn how to handle and store data using clearly defined types.
- Introducing Operators
- Learn how to use the basic mathematical operators.
- Introducing Control Flow
- Learn how to use logical operators to check conditions and control application flow by choosing which code will be executed.
- Introducing Strings
- Learn how to create and store text using the `String` type.
- Introducing Functions
- Learn how to declare functions with different parameters and return types, while gaining a better understanding of the importance of abstraction.
- Introducing Structures
- Learn how to create structures and you’ll discover how structures form the building blocks of your code.
- Introducing Classes
- Learn what makes classes different than structures and when to use classes instead of structures. You’ll also learn about inheritance, superclasses, and subclasses.
- Introducing Optionals
- Learn to use optionals to properly handle situations when data may or may not exist.
- Introducing Collections
- Learn about the various collection types available in Swift and how to choose the appropriate one for a program.
- Introducing Loops
- Learn how to create loops in Swift, control the conditions for looping, and specify when to stop.
- Introducing Type Casting
- Learn why some data can only be expressed using a broader type and how you can test for specific kinds of data before using it. Introducing Guard
- Learn to handle invalid and special-case values up front, rather than weaving them throughout your programming logic.
- Introducing Scope
- Learn to write nicely structured code that’s easy to read.
- Introducing Closures
- Learn about the concept of closures, how to define them, how to use them as function arguments, and how to use some of the common functions that take closures
- Introducing Enumerations
- Learn where enumerations are commonly used, how to define and assign them, and how to work with enumerations using `switch` statements.
- Introducing Extensions
- Learn how to define an extension and why you should use them
- Introducing Protocols
- Learn what protocols are, when to use them, and how to write your own
Submit your request
Is the course not scheduled? Let us know what works for you by clicking the button below and select your Interest. We will do our best to consider your request.
Note: Location can be for a Virtual ClassroomRegister Interest