Introduction to the Banking Industry
- Area of Interest:Industry Solutions Software Solution:SAP Banking Services: Transactional Banking Level:Introduction & Overview Languages:English
- better understand financial terminology
- have an overview of function and structure and of the banking industry
- understand the major banking products and processes
- lay a foundation for the SAP specific banking courses
- IT employees who want to brush up their banking knowledge
- The course teaches the basic terminology of the financial industry and its products and services with a focus on role and structure of the European and German banking system.
- We discuss in detail the major active and passive products and the corresponding business processes, in particular check accounts, deposits and payment transactions, credit and debit cards, consumer and mortgage loans. In addition to these retail-oriented products, we also give an overview of Corporate Finance.
- Basic securities like shares and bonds are discussed, but derivatives are excluded. We also present an overview of different international flavors of the banking industry. The acquired knowledge is checked in a number of exercices.